This time around, there are way more hits than misses in our last bargain tips, starting with the Alex Len’s double-double:
- Alex Len– Len has been monstrous since he’s been out of the starting lineup, compiling a double-double (11 points, 13 rebounds) plus two assists, a steal, and a block in only 21 minutes. That’s good for over 35 FP, awesome value for someone who costs 12 bucks in Yahoo and $4,300 at DK.
- Mitchell Robinson– Pretty good with 14 points and nine rebounds (over 27 FP) but the lack of blocks capped his ceiling in an otherwise solid performance.
- De’Anthony Melton– Did not blow anyone away (only four points) but the all-around stats (five rebounds, five assists, two steals, and a block) saved the day. He had around 26 FP Friday night.
- Alec Burks– Essentially a constant now for the Warriors, Burks once again was pretty impressive: 24 points, five rebounds, and three assists for around 33 FP. A couple more steals wouldn’t hurt but no complaints on my side.
- Ersan Ilyasova– Got a DNP-CD probably by design. Giannis played Friday but may be load-managed in the second game of a back-to-back against Cleveland. The Turk may get another start if that happens.
Here are another batch of bargain options once again for Saturday night’s seven-game slate:
1.) Ian Mahinmi, C, Washington Wizards
Yahoo: $10; DraftKings: $4,200
The Wizards frontcourt is as skinny as Angelina Jolie right now. Thomas Bryant and Moritz Wagner are all out of service, which means the only option they got at C is Ian Mahinmi.
Mahinmi has not played over 20 minutes in any of the three games he has played but can grab rebounds in a hurry and has accumulated five blocks in the last two. And yes, he’s pretty cheap.
The aforementioned frontcourt situation in Washington should also make Rui Hachimura and Davis Bertans excellent options by default.
2.) Ersan Ilyasova, PF, Milwaukee Bucks
Yahoo: $13; DraftKings: $4,900
If the Bucks hold off Giannis against Cleveland on a back-to-back, Ilyasova may get the start. If not, look for other options.
3.) Jordan Clarkson, SG, Cleveland Cavaliers
Yahoo: $12; DraftKings: $5,000
Clarkson is averaging 20.3 points, 3.7 rebounds, 3.3 assists and a steal over the past three. If the Bucks indeed sit Giannis, I’d take this personally and go berserk on Milwaukee.
4.) Troy Brown, SG/SF, Washington Wizards
Bown is a sure 20-FP scorer and it’s good to know he can get there in a variety of ways. After scoring 22 points vs the Clippers (plus 5 rebounds and 4 assists), he worked for eight rebounds, four assists, and three steals in the last outing vs Charlotte.
Needless to say, the Wizards are a good to team to target with their current roster situation and style of play.
5.) Jerami Grant, PF, Denver Nuggets
Yahoo: $11; DraftKings: $4,700
The 34-year old Paul Millsap is questionable going into the tiff vs OKC, and in case you missed it, the Thunder is Grant’s former team. There will be minutes available for him plus we all know how these guys feel for their old teams.
Other notes: Blake Griffin is at $6,400 at DK ($26 at Yahoo). He’s playing really bad right now, making only four of 25 shots in the last two games. According to ESPN’s Player Rater, Griffin is ranked 65th out of all PF-eligible players in the past 7 days. Maybe a high-scoring affair with Houston, who’s on the second game of a back-to-back, could help him get back on track.
1,972 total views, 2 views today