I got it rolling the last time I did my best value picks going six for seven in the names I dropped. The seventh, Victor Oladipo, rested so I think I should get a free pass for that. Here’s a rundown of what happened Feb. 8th:
- First name dropped was Nikola Jokic, who was absolutely volcanic in the previous games leading to this one. He cooled off a little bit but was still stellar: 23-9-6 plus a steal and three blocks. The six turnovers did hurt a little bit but he was still good for over 48 FP in both DK and Yahoo.
- I mentioned that Jokic costs a whole lot at DK where he was over 10K already so I suggested DeAndre Ayton. Ayton was even better than Jokic this night with a monster 28-point, 19-rebound performance plus two assists, three steals, and a block. That’s worth over 60-plus FP.
- I called Elfrid Payton the mini Jokic and he did not disappoint. He did 10-9-6 plus two steals and a block.
- Christian Wood‘s price is skyrocketing at DK but if you’re playing Yahoo, you basically pay Joe Ingles money to Pascal Siakam. That’s how good wood has been. This night, he had 17 and 11 plus two assists, a steal, and two blocks. Scary thing is, he is even much more capable than that. BTW, that production is equivalent to 41.3 FP at DK and around 39 at Yahoo.
- Caris Levert‘s numbers on Feb. 8: 37 points, three rebounds, and four assists plus six threes made. Enough said.
- You know what’s even better? Jamal Murray‘s stat line: 36 points, five rebounds, five assists, a steal, a block and six treys made.
Can I get my streak going? Let’s see.
There are two reasons preventing me from picking DeAndre Ayton and that’s because he may be injured and the Lakers’ capacity to throw multiple big bodies at him. That means I’ll be picking up a personal favorite and that’s Nikola Vucevic.
Vooch may not have a spectacular past five games but the Hawks are the fourth worst team in the league in Defensive Rating. Atlanta has just played a double OT game and they are giving up 47.5 FG% to opponents, the fifth worst in the NBA. It seems like the starts are aligning for Orlando, especially for their leading scorer in Vucevic.
Another stud I’m going to strongly consider is Kristaps Porzingis ($8,400 at DK, $38 at Yahoo). Aside from the loss to Washington where he dealt with foul trouble, KP had 30-point doubles in three straight games. Utah is a pretty good defensive team but Dallas has no choice but to go through Porzingis with Luka Doncic still on the shelf.
Some Awesome Value
As I have repeatedly stated, a player with 40-50 FP potential from the 23-26 range at Yahoo and under $7,000 at DK will be the perfect choice here. The previously mentioned Wood, Murray, and Levert just hit the 7k mark at DraftKings so you may only squeeze one of them into the lineup. At Yahoo, however, Wood and Levert is only at $24 and Murray is still at $27.
Malcolm Brogdon may not have a 40-FP game in a while but he’s basically a lock to get 34-36 FP. That makes him my best choice not to mention he is only worth $6,900 at DK and $27 at Yahoo. He is a dollar over than what I’d like but I’m pretty positive that won’t be much of an issue.
It’s imperative to find one or two in here especially if you’d like to squeeze some 7K players in your roster. That said, Victor Oladipo will now be back after resting last Feb 8th. He is still at $4,200 at DK $14 at Yahoo. Kyle Kuzma may also be one of those picks that comes out of nowhere. At $4,900 at DK and $16 at Yahoo, Kuz is quietly averaging 27.2 FP over the past five games.
Additional notes: Seth Curry and Mike Conley have been stepping up their games lately and producing fantasy points at a pace better than what their salaries suggest. Seth is making over four treys a game in the past four while Conley is averaging 20-5-5 over that same span. Both is priced at $5,500 at DK while Curry ($13) is a complete bargain over at Yahoo.
Featured Image: (AP Photo/Reed Saxon)
3,770 total views, 2 views today