- It seems like Rajon Rondo is still going to help a lot of fantasy teams in assists. With dimes being the hardest category to recover from (only a total of 36 players are averaging at least FIVE assists per game this season), Rondo’s 41.2% career AST rate will come in handy. In his first game for the Lakers this season, Rondo delivered SEVEN assists plus six rebounds in only 14 minutes of play.
- Trae Young just became the youngest player in NBA history to record three consecutive games of at least 30 points and 10 assists. The 21-year-old Young registered 42 and 11 in a 125-121 victory over Denver. The other players to do it at age 22 were Oscar Robertson, Kevin Johnson, and LeBron James.
- Coby White also made history Tuesday night when he splashed SEVEN three-pointers in the fourth quarter. That’s the most threes made in a quarter by a Bull. White outscored the Knicks by himself in the final frame, 23-17.
- Lakers had 39 assists on 51 made buckets tonight in the 123-115 dub tonight in Phoenix. Six different players registered at least three dimes: Alex Caruso (3), Danny Green (3), Javale McGee (3), Anthony Davis (4), Avery Bradley (5), Rondo (7), and LeBron James (11). And by the way, 39 is the most assists recorded by the Lakers in 10 years.
- Speaking of dimes, Pistons’ Bruce Brown is averaging SEVEN assists in the last five games he appeared in, including a game-high 11 helpers in the loss to the Miami Heat.
- Domantas Sabonis had himself a night to the tune of 18 points and 16 rebounds in just over 29 minutes of play (111-85 win over OKC). That’s his seventh double-double of the season, tying Wendell Carter, Jr. and Nikola Vucevic.
- Ricky Rubio had 10 assists and only ONE turnover in the loss to the Lakers.
Featured Image: Associated Press
1,234 total views, 2 views today